Wednesday 28 September 2022

Not a Proper Post.

I haven’t written a post tonight because I received a long email. I don’t get long emails, so I decided to answer it with a long one back. No offence meant.

Besides, nothing much happened today apart from the fact that the card reader at Sainsbury’s kiosk refused to accept my debit card in payment for something. The same happened about a month ago. All the other card readers in the store accept it, and so do card readers in other stores, but not that one. So I complained to the manager. He insisted that there was nothing wrong with the device – ‘or else I would know about it’ – so I can only assume that it’s taken a dislike to me. Electrical and electronic devices quite often do. Lights sometimes go off when I pass them; my audio system sometimes switches itself on when I’ve been close but haven’t touched it; my computer reads my mood and responds to it. That sort of thing. I assume it must have something to do with my electric personality. Or maybe it’s an INFJ thing.

Meanwhile, I’m a little reluctant to go to bed tonight because last night I was woken up several times by the cold. I didn’t like it much, but at least it was a proper sort of cold – the sort that makes your legs and feet and hands and nose cold. Back in the summer when the weather was warm, I got woken up one night with a different sort of cold. It was inside my chest and there was no way of getting rid of it. I wonder whether that sort of thing means something. Is there a doctor in the house? Or a shaman? Or a medium? Or a psychiatrist?

No comments: