Sunday 11 September 2022

Connections and Coincidences.

Take a look at the picture posted below. The woman on the right is my mother, the one on the left my Auntie Hilda, my father’s youngest sister. And here’s the story:

They’d known each other as children when they’d lived in the same area and played together. Many years later my mother met my father and only then discovered that Hilda was his sister. A year or so after this picture was taken my parents separated and the two women never met again, but approximately forty years later they both died within forty minutes of each other, one in a hospice in Stoke on Trent and the other in a hospital in Coventry.

Coincidences can occasionally seem somehow meaningful, can’t they?
 
 
*  *  *

And here’s another little coincidence:

Yesterday was a highly stressful one for me, and today I seem to be in the throes of the old Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The sense of inner weakness occasioning both physical and mental dysfunction would be impossible to fully describe, but it’s quite unpleasant. It feels as though the life force is being dangerously stretched and might snap at any moment. And the coincidence is that the performance of my computer accurately reflects the performance of my mind and body. It nearly always does.

No comments: