Monday 26 September 2022

Spotting the Sigma Sheep.

When I went into my bathroom this morning, I looked out of the window at the rising ground behind my house and saw eight sheep walking in line astern down the middle of the field. (Yes, I am one of those strange people who count everything.) ‘Here comes the Clanton gang,’ I thought, much impressed at such drollness so early in the morning. And when the sheep at the front changed course to head towards the trees in the bottom corner of the field, the rest dutifully followed.

But then there was another one about fifty yards behind, seemingly uninterested in its fellow ovines and more inclined to be taking a solitary and relaxing walk on a relatively fine morning in early autumn.

‘Aha, I thought, an INFJ sheep. Welcome, brother.’

(Of course, it might simply have been the one the flock rejected, but that would be sad so I chose not to countenance the idea.)

No comments: