Monday 19 September 2022

Behold a Jealous Horse.

I’m being rather serious lately, aren’t I. I don’t like that very much, so maybe I should mention the black horse which favoured me with its attention today.

He came trotting over to me as I was passing a fence in Meadow Lane, clearly wanting a bit of fuss. A bit of fuss was what he got and he clearly revelled in it. Until, that is, one of the donkeys came along wanting the same nose and neck stroking.

The black horse took exception to this diminutive – if exceedingly cute – interloper sharing the affections of the beast on two legs, and insisted on placing its more substantial form between me and the trespasser. I did my best to share out the spoils, but with little success. I’ve noticed that horses can be a bit like that.

No comments: