Thursday 14 July 2022

Debt and the Universe.

A week ago I wrote this:

So that’s two smiles I was given today – one from Honourable Sister and one from Lady Luck. I usually average around five a year, so now I’m wondering how much the Universe is going to charge me for today’s excess supply.

Well, now I know. Computer woes and the hospital backtracking on the post-cancer screening system. Two smiles, two exorbitant charges. I’m not happy.

Tomorrow is dental work, which will no doubt occasion at least a little pain and discomfort. I don’t mind that. A little pain and discomfort is a small price to pay for the pleasure of Ms Medeea Popei’s inestimable company for half an hour. (For those who don’t know, she’s my splendid Romanian dentist.)

CT scans on Sunday. I wonder whether my negative karmic balance is going down any yet. I paid off a little more today when I waited all afternoon for the land agent to visit me to discuss a problem. The choice of date and time were hers, but she didn't turn up.

No comments: