Monday 11 July 2022

Boris's Ides of March.

The first headline on the BBC News website this morning was about Boris Johnson being asked whether he would endorse any of the candidates in the upcoming leadership election. He said he didn’t want to spoil anybody’s chances by doing that

Well now, isn’t that just prime example of passive aggression? I’m sure what he really meant was ‘I’m not going to help any of these rats who stabbed me in the back when I was down get my job.’

Isn’t the world of politics wonderful? Laugh a minute, these guys. And now the band of brothers and sisters who brought Boris down have their claws out and are engaging in a cat fight among themselves. I suppose it’s just another predictable example of decency and decorum disappearing through the window when there’s a whiff of power in the air.

No comments: