Friday 1 July 2022

Briefly Becoming Lily.

I don’t feel entirely well tonight. Various parts of me feel uncomfortable and the whole of me feels unaccountably cold.

Whenever I feel like this I wonder whether tonight will be the night. It’s a self-evident truth that one day will have to be the day, and since night is part of the day in its broader definition, why shouldn’t tonight be the night?

But now I feel I’m being influenced by Lily Briscoe. I’m beginning to talk like she thinks because I can be impressionable like that when I read something which I find difficult but nonetheless admirable.

What I think I’m trying to say is that I think I’m thinking silly thoughts, random thoughts that have no basis in any kind of value system. There’s too much of that sort of thing on this blog lately because my connection with a world run by humans is very weak at the moment. But if ever you should read To the Lighthouse, you might consider remembering that you read this here. Not that there would be any obvious point in remembering, of course, but it seems to me that every thought, however seemingly pointless it might appear at first glance, adds a little something to the life experience

No comments: