Wednesday 6 December 2023

A Hint of a Ditty and Some Trivia.

I saw the Lady B this morning and the start of a ditty dropped almost instantly into my mind. This is quite an event, you know, because I haven’t felt the inclination to write a ditty for a very long time. This is what came quickly and naturally:
 
As I was driving into town
I saw the Lady B
A-sitting in a traffic queue
Too wrapt to notice me

Very short, isn’t it? I felt it should continue through two or three more verses, but everything that came into my mind included something I didn’t really want to say so it will have to fill the role of my unfinished symphony.

And there was something else I wanted to write about, but as usual I can’t remember what it was.

I did splash out some money today, though - £4 on a boxed pair of Turkish mugs to replace the French one I broke recently. They’re not as stylish as the French one, but they are a rather fetching shade of blue/grey (like my eyes.) And the packaging impressed me, being both strong and eminently functional. UK packaging is generally poor, so well done the Turks.

Oh, and Mrs O’Grady in Sainsbury’s told me how my ancestral Irish name (O’Goidin) should be pronounced. That was today’s big success.

I wonder whether I should stop adding to this blog until I’ve got something less boring to say.

No comments: