Monday 16 January 2023

Sal and the Moving Finger.

Being so immersed in a state of depressed solitude at the moment, tonight I decided to read some old email correspondence with the Lady B from ten or eleven years ago. I found it an interesting experience because, having had so much more time to observe and learn about human nature, I felt I was able to understand who she was back then far better than I did at the time.

I also found it quite frustrating because if I’d been as perceptive then as I am now, I think I could have been so much more use to her. That seemed a shame, but I realise that it might have resulted in her life’s road being slightly different, and who can say whether it would have been better or worse.

She still occupies a significant place in my consciousness, you know, on an almost daily basis. Fortunately, I have no reason to believe that she still reads this blog so hopefully she’ll never read this post. It might embarrass the poor woman, and I would hate to do that.

No comments: