Wednesday 4 January 2023

Darwin Vindicated.

I just heard Philomena Cunk explain Darwin’s Theory of Evolution in its most succinct form ever. She said:

Darwin discovered that dead animals are less likely to reproduce than live ones.

Finding this to be probably the best joke I ever heard on YouTube, I considered contributing ‘LMAO’ in the comments section; only I didn’t because there’s no point in having standards if you’re not going to live up to them.

Then I considered a more constructive comment, but only briefly. It struck me that even if I had been able to explain the rationale of the humour, the majority of people who creep and grunt along the dark and foetid corridors of the YouTube comment section are not sufficiently evolved to understand the concept of evolution, much less grasp why its misguided elucidation is so funny.

I settled on continuing to smile for several minutes.

No comments: