Sunday 10 November 2019

A Reason To Be Isolated.

I just watched a YouTube video made by a young Swedish woman on the subject of Nationalism. And I read some of the comments, in spite of the concern that they would irritate the hell out of me. They did. Contributor after contributor hijacked the lecture to their own various prejudices and demonstrated yet again why I have a problem with most humans.

There are too many small minds out there, too many beetles living in the garden shed and being oblivious to the wider world, let alone the even wider perception of material existence. It’s why I’m a loner and a recluse. It’s why I decline to join the discussion. Discussion is a game I’ve found I cannot play because I’m not on the same playing field.

I thought of commenting myself with the quotation from Herman Hess which I have on my sidebar:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.

But why bother? It seems that being a loner is the only way to pursue that goal.

No comments: