Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Mystery of Angela.

I was just watching a video of a woman called Angela Gheorghiu singing Habanera, and here’s the mystery: She’s Romanian and has red hair, and I didn’t know there was any such thing a red-haired Romanian. I thought red hair was entirely the preserve of the Irish, the Scots, the Welsh, Norwegians, people from Yorkshire, those whose antecedents were domiciled on the banks of the Volga for the past fifty generations, and Pharaoh Ramesses II.

So this is odd. Is her hair really red or not? The darker eyebrows are inconclusive because they might have been painted on. I suppose the only way of coming to the truth of the matter would require the invocation of a circumstance which is never going to be my lot to experience, so the mystery will have to remain.

And doesn’t she have amazingly dark eyes? She reminds me of the woman I encountered once in Tesco who unwittingly introduced me to my old friend, the llama. To understand that reference you need to read this.

(He hasn’t paid me a visit for an awfully long time, you know. I do hope he’s well.)

Anyway, here’s the video of Angela so you can judge for yourself:

No comments: