Thursday 21 March 2019

On Spring and Prematurity.

I walked up through the village today (it’s the shortest route to the fairy glen.) Everything was growing and greening and blooming prematurely.

The little blue tits which nest in the nest box at the back of my house were building a nest prematurely.

Tonight’s episode of House ended prematurely. Why was cutthroat bitch (aka Amber) on the bus with House when it crashed? Wilson is so panic-stricken he can’t articulate his words properly. (I’ve been there – once. That’s exactly how it is.) How the hell could they roll the credits while we’re dangling on a frayed rope above the alligator pit and waiting for the guy in the wheelchair to find and fetch a ladder? How can I know that the vicissitudes of life won’t find some way of preventing me from watching the next episode? Damn. I need a drink.

(Oh, I’ve got a drink. OK.)

*  *  *

My old friend the llama was watching me attentively when I woke up this morning. I asked him ‘where the hell did you spring from?’ He drew his head back and frowned. ‘Spring?’ he said. ‘Spring? I resent the implication that llamas are in the habit of springing. The very concept of springing is one with which llamas are relatively unfamiliar, and the prospect of engaging in such an action far too remote to be worthy of consideration. Are you sure you’re quite well?’ And then I went back to sleep.

*  *  *

Did you know that I’m quite a lot madder than I probably appear on this blog? The blog is my grounding mechanism when the weather smiles a false smile and a state of prematurity weaves cobwebs in the mind.

No comments: