Thursday 21 March 2019

A Star Rising from Down Under.

As insignificant as I and my blog are, I would like to add my pennyworth of praise for Jacinda Arden, Prime Minister of New Zealand. A colleague said of her:

She doesn’t have a nasty gene in her body, but she’s no pushover either. That’s a rare quality.

It is indeed. I would be most happy to have the same said of me, but unfortunately I fail to qualify on both counts.

And isn’t it almost unprecedented for me to express praise for a head of state? That’s because the world continues to be ruled by ageing male psychopaths and the fact causes me some disquiet. If Jacinda is to be the standard bearer in the van of a brave new world, then all power to her.

(Meanwhile, I just read that Trump is still paying the usual unsavoury attention to Israel’s rear end in the matter of Golan. There’s balance for you.)

No comments: