I just watched a YouTube video well worth watching. It was a documentary telling the full story of that most enigmatic of rock guitarists, Peter Green, the founder of Fleetwood Mac in its first incarnation. It's here if you want to watch it:
What left me somewhat enthralled by the whole sad story was the likeness between Mr Green and me in the matter of his nature and approach to life as a human being. I could say 'There but for the grace of God could have gone I' but I was fortunate in having guitar skills limited to strumming and ripple picking over a very short range of keys. My public performances were restricted to my post-school social group and a wild rabbit sitting in my garden one day, and they were limited to mostly Bob Dylan covers. I think I should be feeling grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment