I had a text message this morning advising me that last week's blood test was satisfactory and no further action is required. But this morning I had a missed call from a Derby number, and the only telephonic communication I've ever had with anybody in Derby has been with the hospital.
So could this be connected with the other half of last week's proceedings - the urine test 'to check on the condition of your kidneys' (which should have been kidney, singular)? Now I wait with trepidation for a letter. I really don't want any more dealings with the hospital after the experiences I've had over the last eight years.
And a new concern has developed in my mind over the matter of mortality. Death is a pretty scary prospect, isn't it? It's the ultimate 'drop everything you've ever known or possessed and walk into the darkness, not knowing whether you're going to fall off a cliff into complete oblivion or have to get used to existing in a totally different environment with totally different rules' experience.
But now there's something else bothering me. When a body dies it begins to decompose, and in very little time it begins to smell bad and gets worse as the days progress. What a horrible thought. I hate bad smells.

No comments:
Post a Comment