Saturday 25 June 2022

The Issues Issue

This week has been another difficult one. Issues, issues, issues, every day without exception. And all I find when I step out of my inner world and into the one out there to deal with them is ineptitude, injustice and lack of consideration. Today’s issue was a superheated altercation with the neighbours, the details of which would be too tedious to relate.

(Interestingly, I kept waking up over the last couple of hours before rising this morning, certain that something bad was in the offing. When I looked out of the window I saw what it was.)

At this point I should take the post in the direction of a salient but general direction because that’s what blogs of this sort are supposed to do. All I’ve done so far is let off steam, and why should that be of interest to anybody but me? But I’m growing very tired of it all because it’s been going on for a long time, so I can’t be bothered.

Except, perhaps, to mention that I have a problem which I’m sure is not exclusive to me. I get angry easily, and when I get angry I become aggressive, and when I become aggressive my mind doesn’t work as coherently as it does when I’m not angry. When that happens I don’t argue my points as coolly and rationally as I should, and that only leads to frustration later when the air has cooled a little. Seems like something else I need to take over into my next life.

(Yes, I know there’s advice available on anger management, but I think I’m too old a dog to learn new tricks. And I couldn’t afford it, and it probably wouldn’t work anyway.)

Off to have an extended session with To the Lighthouse now. Maybe that will cool the air a little. The fascinating Mrs Ramsay has died and the main female lead is now the younger Lily Briscoe. She’s described as having ‘a small, crumpled face and Chinese eyes.’ Sounds like my kind of woman.

No comments: