Monday 27 June 2022

No Solutions, No Respite.

Another day full of frustrations fit to make my brain implode. They were mostly to do with the computer this time, such as:

My blog isn’t functioning properly at the moment, so I took my problem to the Blogger forum. It turns out that meddling techies at Firefox are to blame, and I was pointed to a site which told me how to override the meddling. Well now, my predilections are largely in fields such as history, the arts, music, philosophy and writing. Tech junky I’m not, and so the page to which I was directed might as well have been written in mandarin for all the sense it made to me. It seems I have two options: put up with the problem or give up blogging. For now, I’ll try soldiering on.

Then there was the business of my new Norton antivirus program which I was forced to have by my ISP because that’s where I get my antivirus from (it’s half price that way, but you have to have the program of their choice because that’s who they have a contract with.) Problems have been legion, but let’s just mention the latest. I wanted to go to settings, so I clicked ‘settings’ and settings was what I expected to get because settings was what I got with my good old simple-and-clear-as-a-bell McAfee program. I didn’t. What I got was page after page of ‘take a look at this’, ‘see what we’ve got for you here’, ‘this is really good’, ‘aren’t we wonderful and aren’t you lucky?’, and so on and so forth. The final page had a button which said ‘done.’ There was no other option, so ‘done’ was what I pressed. No settings.

Then there was my latest phone conversation with my ISP over the very bad but intermittent issues with my internet connection …

…but enough.

Do you think it would help if I got very drunk? I don’t.

No comments: