Monday 27 June 2022

Failures and Another Little Mystery.

He lay on his chair with his hands clasped above his paunch, not reading or sleeping, but basking like a creature gorged with existence.

That’s a line from Ms Woolf. It’s the kind of thing I feed on. The phrase ‘gorged with existence’ represents the kind of skill I always tried to cultivate, but never quite managed.

*  *  *

I had a dream a couple of nights ago in which the erstwhile priestess came to visit me, and then tagged me along on her travels in which she talked to people but always at a distance from me. She spent the whole dream ignoring me while I watched her go about her business. The psychological root of this dream is probably patently obvious, but I can’t quite see through the mist to identify it. Fortunately, it doesn’t matter.

*  *  *

I’m getting a regular and mysterious visitor to my blog lately who uses Chrome browser with Windows. The mystery component is the fact that his or her geographical location is never revealed by Blogger stats. All other visitors are shown as coming from a particular country or some general location such as ‘Asia/Pacific region’ or ‘EU’, but this one is only ever shown as ‘other.’ I resist the temptation to imagine that it’s either an alien or some mischievous spirit.

No comments: