Friday 3 June 2022

A Sort of Harry Potter Post.

I had a response today to a comment I put on YouTube a few years ago. I’d made the point, very briefly in keeping with the nature of the medium, that some of the incidents in the Harry Potter movies failed the test of logic and were effectively glaring plot holes. After all these years, some poor lad came back to me with:

Stop ruining Harry Potter pls (sic.)

And then I noticed another comment on the same thread which said:

They say Harry Potter isn’t real but they can’t prove it.

Well now, where could this post go in considering the nature of belief? I suspect it would require the holding of Harry Potter in one hand and religion in the other, and then discussing their similarities and differences. I don’t think I’ll bother.

(Interestingly, however, I did find myself comparing Vladimir Putin to Voldermort this morning, and wondering whether the level of hatred aimed in his direction might have some effect on his (allegedly non-existent) health issue. But that was before I stood enthralled as usual by the local village’s best cottage garden, at which point my sense of priorities became properly re-aligned.)

No comments: