Monday 27 June 2022

Mystery and Coincidence.

I made a post back in 2011 about a curious incident in which my mobile phone took it upon itself to call my landline number. Both phones were on my office desk at the time, while I was in another room. Nobody has ever been able to explain to me how that can happen.

Today I was taking a call on my landline phone when I heard a man’s voice leaving a message on my mobile. I glanced at the screen and it showed an incoming call from ‘Doc.’ That’s the number for my doctor’s surgery, so when the landline call finished I checked my mobile voicemails. Nothing since April. I called the surgery to enquire whether a doctor was trying to get in touch with me and was told there was no record of such a call on their system.

And I just noticed an interesting coincidence. I have two medical appointments booked in July, one on the 4th and one on the 14th. 4th July is a celebration in America commemorating the signing of the Declaration of Independence, effectively starting the American Revolution. 14th July is a celebration in France of the storming of the Bastille, which is seen as the start of the French Revolution.

Is somebody out there in the ether trying to tell me something, and does my mobile phone know something I don’t?

No comments: