Thursday 1 April 2021

The April Plummet.

Spring isn’t springing at the moment here in Blighty; it’s swinging like Donald Trump trying to understand the question. For most of this week the weather would have done full justice to June, but now we’re heading down into the January average. Swings are to be expected at this time of year, but not quite as extreme as that.

The warm weather brought the bats back to grace the balmy twilight, which is always a thrill to me because I love bats and I worry about them during March when they need to get back into the air to feed after five or so months in hibernation. So what will they do now that we have sub-zero nights in prospect? Go back to sleep? Shiver? Worse? I don’t know, but it’s the kind of thing that worries me. Lots of things do.

No comments: