Wednesday 21 April 2021

Dippiness, Dolls, Directions, and Short Days.

I’ve said often enough that I hate winter, but there's one thing I like about it: the short days. I like that point in the day when I can close the curtains and shut the world out, and the sooner it comes the better. The world and I aren’t getting on at the moment.

*  *  *

And on the subject of getting on, I watched an episode of House tonight which suggested that instead of having all those ill-fated relationships with women, I would have been better off buying a state-of-the-art sex doll. Quote:

‘She’s always there for me when I get home,’ says the patient (whose girlfriend is a state-of-the-art sex doll.)

‘So is the toaster,’ replies the more practically-minded Dr Adams.

‘But people don’t have meaningful relationships with toasters.’

This logic appeals to me, and I swear I would have been happier and better balanced if I’d followed it. Distress would have been caused to fewer people and my karma would have been better served. Too late now. ’Tis ever the way.

*  *  *

And on the subject of relationships, I’m currently engaged in discourse with two women on YouTube. One is the angry type who likes to tell me that I’m an idiot and my statements are stupid; the other is the dippy type who says ‘thanks for the lesson’, the lesson being that China is a much bigger country than Japan. I think I’ll stick with the latter. Dumb and dippy make an attractive combination.

*  *  *

Oh, and I’ve nearly finished reading The Haunting of Hill House. Eleanor is either finally going off the rails or finally finding her true place in life, depending on how you view the nature of life. I’m on her side.

No comments: