Friday 24 June 2022

Selective Memory.

I had a dream last night in which an attractive young woman asked me to go holiday with her. When we got there she suddenly decided that I wasn’t worth knowing and dropped me. That wasn’t nice, but it was familiar. And then I found myself sitting in an armchair opposite the Queen discussing random matters. When I woke up I tried to remember what those matters had been, but they’d all been swallowed up in the mists of Morpheus.

*  *  *

Tonight’s twilight was cool with a heavy cloud cover and a breeze persuading the tree branches to wave gently and whisper in a language unfamiliar to me, while all the rest was silence. The experience was both pleasant and mysterious, as though I were being reminded of an old memory. I had no idea what it was.

No comments: