Friday 10 June 2022

Commendations.

Somebody stopped my way in The Hollow last weekend and asked me how I was. I said ‘I have seven health issues ranging from the uncomfortable and inconvenient to the potentially life-threatening. Otherwise…’ He replied ‘Oh. You look a picture of health.’ What else could I say?

And then I saw my daughter this week for the first time in three years. She also said ‘you look really well.’ I told her it was a false impression gained through the taking of walks and giving attention to the garden in the sunshine. It’s all to do with the face, you see. At the moment mine is tanned, which a nice contrast to how it looked after that terrible bladder spasm I experienced in hospital four years ago which kept me incarcerated therein for two days. One of the nurses pointed to the white pillow case and said ‘ten minutes ago your face was that colour.’ On that occasion the colour was an accurate guide to the way I was feeling, but it isn’t always thus.

And on a totally different tack, I received a response tonight to a comment I put on a YouTube track. It said ‘This dude is a time traveler.’ I’m tempted to suspect that we all are in a manner of speaking, but I chose to enjoy interpreting it as a compliment. It’s an INFJ thing.

No comments: