Saturday 25 June 2022

Memory Mayhem.

I sometimes suffer strange lapses of memory, you know. My daughter’s birthday is approaching, but a few days ago I couldn’t remember what date it was. Was it 21st or 22nd July? They both seemed equally correct and I couldn’t decide which to go for. Today I knew it was 22nd and couldn’t understand how I had ever doubted it.

I also recall – it must have been around ten years ago – I had to go somewhere on Christmas Day and knew that I would need to get cash from an ATM. I woke up that morning with the disturbing realisation that I couldn’t remember my PIN. I thought and thought, and ran several permutations around in my head, but the final solution remained doggedly out of reach. As soon as I reached the ATM it came back as though it had never been away.

Maybe everybody has this problem occasionally. Must remember to ask somebody the next time there’s somebody to ask. (I expect I’ll forget.)

No comments: