Wednesday 29 October 2014

Today's Little Nothings.

In trying to make sense of the oppressor, I came up with a thought that’s been running through my head all day:

‘All things seem simple to the simple-minded.’

*  *  *

I decided that the most polished acting performance in Lord of the Rings came from John Noble as Denethor. Did he get any awards? How many people even know his name?

*  *  *

Comments on YouTube continue to remind me what a gulf there is between the monkey and the angel in the human condition.

*  *  *

I met the lovely Judy again this afternoon. Judy is Farmer Stan’s Border Collie, and she’s drop-dead gorgeous. She reminds me of Em, my own Border Collie. Em and I loved one another quite insanely, but she died young.

*  *  *

This usually gives me a lift – a comely wench from Texas coaxing a banjo like it’s part of her body, and with a couple of clean-cut young boys clearly in thrall. There’s no doubting who’s the boss. The body language is as enthralling as the banjo playing.

No comments: