Tuesday 28 October 2014

Not Explaining Humour.

I made a post back in the summer about an Englishman who had to be rescued after he’d set sail for America in a small dinghy equipped with some biscuits and a map of Southampton.

To me, this isn’t merely foolhardy, it’s almost insanely funny. It touches one of the top funny buttons, but I can’t explain why.

Tonight I got a recommendation from YouTube featuring the ‘Indian version’ of I Love Lithuania.

I can’t explain why that’s almost insanely funny, either.

And then there was the actress I knew once to whom I quoted a famous quip made by Dorothy Parker about the Yale Prom:

If all the girls attending it were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

The actress’s face remained blank. I tried to explain why it was funny. I failed.

No comments: