Wednesday 1 December 2021

A Break in the Reel of Film.

I’ve fallen prey to a strange mental phenomenon tonight. I have the unsettling sense that my life has stopped.

I’m still breathing, I’m still conscious and thinking logically, and my heart is still beating. I have no money worries; I have a couple of unwanted prospects but nothing I haven’t faced and dealt with before; my house is cold tonight but it hasn’t collapsed. And yet I have the sudden sense that the progress of my life has come to a halt. I’m in a barren wilderness with nothing to do and nowhere to go, but I’m sitting at the computer typing this post.

This is interesting and worthy of observation. I ask myself whether it is a known condition. I have no idea, but I fully expect that tomorrow morning I will wake to another day and the feeling will be gone. So what’s the explanation?

No comments: