Tuesday 30 November 2021

Being Popular and a Dream Manifested.

I seem to be popular today. This morning I received two emails – which is two more than I usually receive – both of which began ‘HaHaHa.’ (Actually, they didn’t. One began ‘HaHaHa’; the other began ‘HaHa’, but who’s counting? It is at least gratifying to know that some people occasionally find me funny.)

And then I went out for a walk before lunch and met four different people who all wanted to stop and chat. I did my duty and stopped and chatted. It seemed churlish to point out to them that at lunchtime I would much rather be eating my lunch than being unexpectedly popular. Besides, the four humans were augmented by a horse who likes me (apparently) and she’s excused.

*  *  *

Tonight I watched a German film called Cherry Blossoms and was utterly captivated by its beauty and poignancy. I have no hesitation in recommending it most highly to anybody with a heart, a soul, or anything approximating to either. And to anybody who does watch it, or already knows it, I would say:

Yu
Is my dream
Come
True

She’s exactly what I ache for every day of my life. One day, perhaps. And hopefully I won’t have to go to Japan to find her.

No comments: