Thursday 4 November 2021

Danish Blue.

I discovered recently that the Danish word for speed is fart. They have road signs, apparently, which say ‘fart kontrol.’ And the surname of the young woman from whom I learned that interesting little fact is Klitgaard. I haven’t yet summoned the courage to ask her whether it’s Danish for chastity belt.

I do apologise for stepping a little outside the bounds of decorous communication here, but I’m having increasing difficulty finding something to say on this blog. I’m tired of the health issues, you see. They’re becoming extremely tedious again, although I expect there might be more to recount after I’ve had a procedure called a something-or-other cardiogram next Friday.

But for those interested in quality literature, I might just add that I’m at roughly the halfway point of Shirley Jackson’s The Sundial and have only just realised that it’s at least in part an absurdist comedy. Her awareness of the offbeat is most impressive.

No comments: