Tuesday 23 November 2021

Re-Writing the Folk Tale.

I think I’ve mentioned that I did some damage to my right arm during the autumn clearance work in the garden. After two months it continues to be painful, and in the interim I’ve been transferring as much duty as possible to my left hand. Now I seem to have overdone it because my left hand and wrist have started hurting as much as my right arm. It seems the story of Rapunzel need re-writing:

‘I say, beautiful lady, your singing has brought enchantment to my heart. May we meet?’

‘Yes, yes, we may, fair princely being. I will let my long, luxuriant hair down so you may climb up it and we can be together.’

‘Well, actually, I can’t.’
 
'Can't what?'
 
'Climb up it.'

‘Why not?’

‘My right arm and left hand both hurt. Can’t you come down?’

‘Of course I can’t, you idiot. The witch has locked me in up here. That’s the point.’

‘Oh I see. Oh well, can’t be helped I suppose. Bye, then.’

No comments: