Saturday 4 December 2021

The Mystery of Perception.

I passed a woman walking with a little girl up my lane today. We exchanged the usual polite greeting and I was struck by the fact that there was something about her which seemed not quite human – by which I imply neither sub-human nor angelic, just different in some indefinable way.

There was nothing on the surface to explain it. She appeared to be maybe in her late twenties, slim, normally formed, normally dressed, and even moderately pretty. I watched her as she walked away and there was nothing odd about her walk. And yet the impression remained, and quite strongly so.

This is a little frustrating. I’ve never seen her before and I don’t expect ever to see her again, so the mystery will have to remain. Unless, that is, she turns up in one of those odd videos on YouTube about people switching dimensions, and then I can say ‘Ah, so that’s who she was.’ (But then I would have to consider whether it was I who had switched dimensions. Making sense of reality is never easy, is it?)

No comments: