Thursday 2 December 2021

Robin Friends and Warm Flannel.

No encounters with unexpected humans today, just an uneventful walk in the teeth of a wind that was colder than I was expecting (which caused me to rue having failed to don my beanie hat.) But I did go out later (with woolly hat this time) and finish off the last of the autumn clearance jobs in the garden. Only the Himalayan honeysuckle left to prune now, and she isn’t ready yet because she still has fresh leaves and black pearls hanging from her green branches.

While I was working at the bottom of the garden I was visited by the robin which always comes to investigate the plant detritus for signs of fresh food. He comes a little closer every time, and today he was right up to my foot. I get such a thrill when a wild creature trusts me like that.

On the downbeat, my kitchen is almost frighteningly cold tonight, and the disturbing dreams are back. On the up, the bed is now in winter rig – heavy flannel sheets and a 17 tog duvet. As Macbeth almost said: Blow wind, come wrack, at least we’ll die with flannel on our back.

*  *  *

And to reprise last night’s post, I found the music which aptly defines the film Cherry Blossoms. The lovely Yu (who isn't illustrated, unfortunately) has been invading my thoughts all day.
 

No comments: