Saturday 25 December 2021

The BBC and Wonky Weather.

Today has been one of the gloomiest Christmas Days I ever remember – dark sky, raw easterly wind and occasional drizzle. But at least it didn’t snow, which is a blessing to me because I’m a miserable git who hates the white stuff.

*  *  *

I could do with going out tomorrow to give the car a run and fill up with petrol, so I took a look at the weather forecast on the BBC website. The main panel for tomorrow’s weather gave:

Light wind
Mild
Occasional light rain

But there was also a ‘weather warning’ flash which said:

Strong wind
Snow
Icy patches on roads

These highly contrasting forecasts come from the same source and cover the same area, so I wonder whether anybody from the BBC could tell me which one I should take seriously.

No comments: