Tuesday 14 December 2021

On Ancestry.

Since I appear to be getting the odd visit from the Holy Ground lately (that’s Ireland in case you didn’t know), I thought I’d mention my apparent Irish ancestry again.

It’s not 100% proven, you see, but such documentary evidence as I’ve managed to find, coupled with some reliable anecdotal evidence, puts it pretty much beyond doubt. Accordingly, I’m given to wondering occasionally whether there’s anything particularly ‘Irish’ about me.

Well, my lower mind tends to work on three tracks: a fondness for pretty colleens, a fondness for alcoholic beverages, and a fondness for telling fantastical tales which I expect people to believe, at least until I can’t stop myself laughing. Sounds pretty Irish to me, so I’ll consider the matter closed.

(My higher mind is more suggestive of Tibetan ancestry, but my eyes don’t match.)

No comments: