Friday 11 October 2019

The Blogging Itch.

The problem with blogging is that it can become a bit of an obsession, especially if you live alone, your poorly leg won’t permit you to perambulate the lanes of the Shire in the hope of being leaped on by a lollopy dog, and even next door’s cats run away in panic if you come to within fifteen feet of them. I spend quite a lot of my time trying to find something to say even when I don’t have anything to say. So where does this curious compulsion come from?

I wonder whether there’s a little being residing somewhere in my jaundiced and deeply troubled mind who just wants to reach out and connect with his fellow mortals. Well, if there is, I’ll pretend I can’t see him because I find the majority of my fellow mortals more than a little irksome. I think it more likely that this blog is my version of S.E.T.I. I suspect my unconscious mind is encouraging me to send random words deep into the vastness of cyberspace in the hope that some intelligent life form on the other side of the universe will send a load of computer code back. I won’t understand any of it, but at least I’ll know that there’s life beyond YouTube.

No comments: