Saturday 26 October 2019

Nine Steps to Understanding Life.

Here’s my current favourite theory with regard to the meaning of life:

1. Every living thing is a vehicle housing a fragment of the Universal Consciousness existing under the delusion of individuality.

2. The progress of that life from birth to death is controlled in accordance with the Determinist principle – that every event and expression of free will is determined by cause and effect and therefore inevitable.

3. The purpose of the fragment – the soul as it is popularly known – is to ride the journey of the host’s life in order to observe and learn.

4. Notions of success and failure are fraudulent, since both are equally positive as long as the result is something learned.

5. Souls occupy many hosts during successive incarnations. The more incarnations a soul has, the more it learns about the nature of existence and the older it becomes.

6. Old souls are people like philosophers and Buddhist monks. Young souls are people like football supporters. Baby souls are the most prominent of all because they’re generally running the world.

7. I’m not sure whether I’m an old or a young soul, but I did observe tonight that Anna Faris is precisely the girl I was searching for between the ages of 12 and 40, whereas now I’m more of a Galadriel fan. I suppose that’s probably a good sign.

8. When a soul has learned enough, it ceases to be individualised and rejoins the body of Universal Consciousness like a raindrop falling into the sea. The analogy is inadequate, but it’s probably the best we can manage with the limitations of the human brain.

9. This theory is also incomplete. Either I have a long way to go yet or I might be completely wrong.

No comments: