Monday 28 October 2019

A Brief Report.

I was struck today by the fact that an attractive young woman looks so much more attractive if she’s accompanied by a dog. It’s one of those situations where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. I don’t know why this should be, but I think it has something to with the fact that a dog imparts a certain substance which takes the image above and beyond the mere cosmetic.

Something similar is true of young women on horseback, but there the reason is more obvious, if a little sordid.

This post has to be brief, however, because I have an email to write which has to be carefully considered and might well be long. And nothing of any consequence happened in Uttoxeter today (apart from the fact that I saw a young woman with honey-coloured hair accompanied by a border collie.)

I think I omitted to mention, though, that my infamous seborrheic keratosis fell off last Tuesday night. No more black spot, which probably explains why nobody stared at me today. Mystery solved. And I am now the relieved possessor of a cheek fit to be kissed by moonbeams and the May morning dew. Nothing else ever gets close enough.

No comments: