Wednesday 26 April 2023

Another Delighful Day.

Why do days like today happen? Today was a bad day in so very many ways that I won’t bother to enumerate. Frustrating, irritating, stressful. The old legs weren’t much weaker than usual, but the newish heart condition was worryingly in evidence. And why are they happening to me so often these days?

*  *  *

The next time a doctor tells me to stop smoking I’m hoping he’ll use the magic argument: ‘Smoking is a creeping kind of suicide.’ And then I can enjoy answering: ‘I like the creeping kind.’

*  *  *

Remember the woman I wrote about a couple of weeks ago – the one I thought to be possible evidence of aliens being among us or the existence of parallel universes? I saw her again today. She was still skimpily dressed but slightly less so than the last time. That was odd because the weather was much better. Unfortunately, I was passing her in the car so I wasn’t in a position to question her origins.

*  *  *

I was in the supermarket today when I found myself standing next to a man in the bread aisle (I think.) He turned and stared at me with that kind of look which might be described as ‘knowing.’ What did he know? And then he smiled and opened his eyes wider. It was creepy, so I frowned back and hurried on.

*  *  *

I’ve picked up the novel A Fairy Tale of New York again after a hiatus of a few months. It’s very rude, very funny, and very entertaining. Unfortunately, I’m not in the mood for funny at the moment, so it’s back on hiatus until I am.

*  *  *

I have to get up earlier than usual tomorrow in full knowledge that it might be pointless, but I won’t know until I get a phone call. That’s especially irritating because I hate getting up before I’m ready. It all stems from having to go to school on weekdays, church on Sundays, and working for employers who base their routines on timetables.

No comments: