Friday 1 April 2022

On Titles and Values.

I haven’t had a moan about the existence or contents of adverts for a while, have I? OK then, here’s one:

There’s an ad in my inbox at the moment for some sort of employment agency. One of the jobs being advertised is for a Change Management Consultant, and the salary on offer is £950 per day. Two issues arise:

1. I’m curious to know what on earth a Change Management Consultant is. I assume it’s yet another example of that trend prevalent among right-thinking business types to invent gobbledegook at every opportunity so as to sound deeply important. (Remember the ticket collector, now known as a Revenue Protection Assistant?)

2. People on a state pension who’ve spent fifty years working their butts off and paying into the system get less than that in a month.

Further comment would be redundant.

No comments: