Tuesday 26 April 2022

An Endgame Ramble.

While I was out walking today I made a mental list of all the things I most enjoyed doing in my life. There were six of them, but only one is still available to me: Writing; that’s all I have left now, which is why I keep on making tedious blog posts because I have so little of substance to recount. Then again, I’m becoming increasingly prey to the suspicion that I don’t have much longer to serve of my time on this earth, so maybe it doesn’t matter. But I still haven’t had a baked Alaska yet…

I think I need more Sarahs in my life.

Or maybe a waspish Italian signorina who will yell at me and throw things (preferably a baked Alaska which I can scrape off the wall and eat.) That would liven things up a bit, wouldn’t it?

Better still, what about a Japanese lady ghost with long black hair covering half her face and wearing a voluminous white nightgown which never gets dirty even while she’s crawling across my bathroom floor which I haven’t vacuumed for six weeks? She would say something to me which I wouldn’t understand because she’d be speaking Japanese, but I would be suddenly transported to the girls’ bathroom in a Japanese high school (because such is, I’m reliably informed, a favourite haunt of Japanese lady ghosts.) Mercy me, or some such.

Reincarnation beckons.

I think I should be careful what I wish for.

No comments: