Friday 2 February 2018

Help or Hindrance.

You know, I’ve always had a trait which I considered unfortunate: Whenever I was in a situation which was interesting and unfamiliar, part of me always stepped outside my head to watch and feel the nature of the situation rather than fully engaging with the situation itself. (The two things are not the same; the former is all about observing yourself relate to apparent reality, and it has diluted a few sensory experiences down the years.)

So now, when times are rough and I need a bridge over troubled waters, I wonder whether I can put that trait to good use in pouring oil onto the swell. Alternatively, it might be a reason to be all the more scared. I don’t know yet.

And I think I might be well advised to stop talking about this issue until I’ve been apprised of what the medics know about me which I don’t.

No comments: