Saturday 3 February 2018

Attracting Bad Karma.

It’s occurred to me to wonder several times of late whether there is anybody out there who would rejoice at my death. The issue which springs to mind, you see, is that if you rejoice at somebody’s death it implies that, consciously or unconsciously, you wished them dead. And since I happen to place some credence on the notion that thought is energy, it seems to me that wishing somebody dead amounts to a kind of murder by proxy. I suspect that such a deed might have repercussions for the subject after their own curtain falls, even though I have nothing but anecdotal evidence for such a suspicion.

When Mrs Thatcher died a lot of people in the poorer parts of Britain held street parties in celebration and they disturbed me. I had never been a fan of the great architect of social division myself and so I admit to having had mild feelings of satisfaction at her demise, but it fell way short of rejoicing. I would never have attended a street party.

Somebody did wish me dead once, verbally and aggressively, and I remember feeling slightly stung but mostly confused since he had little substantive basis for such an outburst. I think I might feel differently now; I think I might feel sorry for him.

No comments: