Tuesday 6 February 2018

Disappointments.

It was such a shame today. I was so looking forward to my monthly meeting with Mel in Derby which promised to offer a little blessed relief from this horrid health business. But try as I might, I couldn’t stop the waves of mental nausea sweeping over me every so often carrying images of hospital corridors and scanning devices, not to mention the possibility of undergoing hideous procedures and maybe even being thrown onto the unfamiliar byways of the undiscovered country. The whole thing kept polluting the atmosphere and dragging me down.

Still, I did manage to find it interesting that the female manager in the coffee shop had blonde hair, whereas the serving wench underlings were all brunettes with red highlights. I asked the manager whether blonde hair came with promotion. She said ‘no’ and didn’t smile. And the only seat on the train coming back which wasn’t occupied by a human was filled by a human’s big bull mastiff. I chose to stand.

No comments: