Friday 28 March 2014

Lazy Thoughts.

A thought for all those fellow HSPs out there: I sometimes find it helps to remember that the deepest shadow is a natural corollary of the brightest light. I gather it’s why some bipolar sufferers decline medication.

*  *  *

I was just listening to the old Thunderclap Newman hit Something in the Air when a very short short story formed immediately in my mind. If I can summon the enthusiasm to write it some time, I’ll post it here. It’s an anti-groupie story.

*  *  *

I’ve discovered that if you tap the top of an empty St Cervois lager bottle, first in the middle and then at the edge, you get two notes that alternate from the octave down to the fifth below, which is a very commonly used interval in western music. Isn’t that interesting? I wonder whether the people at the brewery know they’re selling musical instruments.

*  *  *

Last night I saw an unexplained shadow cross the ceiling in the corner of my living room. I saw unexplained shadows a few times in my last house, but that was the first one I’ve seen here. It was right above the TV set, but I doubt there was a connection since the TV was off at the time.

*  *  *

It really bugs me that all Bob Dylan’s recorded classics have disappeared from YouTube. I wonder who’s responsible. There are times when I just ache to hear Boots of Spanish Leather again, but it’s gone. Although Mr Tambourine Man was my favourite track, and It’s All Right Ma the one I thought the cleverest, and Gates of Eden the one I found most enigmatic, Boots of Spanish Leather  was the one that most resonated with something at the core of my nature, and one of the few things that haven’t changed much with time.

No comments: