Monday 9 September 2019

Celebrity Quest.

Everybody who reads this blog must know my opinion of celebrities by now, at least the majority of them.

(‘Are you allergic to anything?’ they always ask me at the hospital.

Politicians and celebrities I always answer.

‘But not latex?’ they reply, trying commendably hard not to look exasperated.

No.

And it’s all true.)

Anyway, I’ve finally found one that I’d like to spend time with. Not simply meet, you understand, because there wouldn’t be any point in that; but spend time with, talk to, explore, possibly even connect with.

The fact is, however, that she isn’t really a celebrity in the conventional sense. She’s only famous to a relatively small number of people. I’d never heard of her until she came up in my YouTube recommendations last night. She sings exquisite songs exquisitely, and her band makes exquisite music to match. But I suppose that’s only my taste manifesting itself.

Nevertheless, there might be a few kindred souls out there who might have similar taste, so I thought I’d kick my depression out of the way for a few moments and post one of her shorter songs. Her name is Daiqing Tana and I believe she comes from Inner Mongolia (which is a province of China, unsurprisingly.) And this is she:


 
I’ve engaged in a new exercise routine lately. I look at my image in the mirror and try to convince myself that what I’m seeing isn’t me, but just a biological machine I’ve been occupying for a few decades. I haven’t quite achieved the desired result yet, but the quest will go on because…

You gotta have a quest
If you don’t have a quest
How you gonna welcome the inevitable

My left leg is currently numb and I have a toothache. And Australia won the Ashes.

No comments: