Tuesday 19 February 2019

The Significance of Three Sarahs.

I encountered three Sarahs in Ashbourne today, one in person and two by proxy. They were:

1. Sarah, the bringer of sunshine.

2. Sarah, the woman who seems to like me a lot even though I really don’t know why and who always insists on hugging me.

3. Sarah, the little-girl-in-the-pet-shop’s prospective new rabbit.

It occurs to me to wonder whether an occurrence in triplicate during the course of one day indicates that the recipient is truly in touch with the universe. It also occurs to me to wonder whether such a thought is patently absurd, but you never know. And nice wonderings are better than the nasty wonderings to which I’m mostly prey these days.

And just to add another little coincidence to the matter of the three Sarahs, I later discovered that Sarah #1 was born in the Chinese Year of the Rabbit. Could that be the universe’s way of saying trust me? I don’t suppose so, but straws are worth holding onto when there’s nothing else to clutch and the sea is unusually turbulent.

This is the first blog post I’ve written in quite a long time which reads reasonably well. Having wondered why that should be, I decided it probably demonstrates the difference between a high functioning depressive and a low functioning one.

No comments: