Saturday 9 February 2019

Addressing the Dilemma.

I’ve been considering the question of natural remedies lately but it’s seems well nigh impossible to get a balanced view.

If you read books or websites or seek advice from the proprietor of a health food shop, you’re dealing with people driven by commercial imperatives, proselytising zeal, or both. And you can’t ask a doctor, at least not an NHS doctor, because they’re forbidden to discuss anything other than officially approved medications. So one group of people is talking natural remedies up as much as possible because they’re trying to sell you something, while the other is hidebound by the rules and sworn to silence.

So what do I do about it? I decided tonight to rely on the fact that I’m partial to spinach and mayo sandwiches, and that if I eat enough of them I should live forever. If I’m wrong, then no doubt natural justice will have been served and there’s probably somebody in the other place who will tell me the truth ready for next time. I just had one.

No comments: