Wednesday 4 May 2011

Critters.

Sorry to go on about my beastie buddies, but the bats were bloody brilliant tonight. I stood down on the lane at twilight, and all three of them kept swooping to within inches of my head over and over and over again – far more than they’ve ever done before. And when I decided it was time to retire to the house, they followed me up the path and carried on doing it there.

I’m under no illusions, however. I have little doubt that their persistent close attention had more to do with flies being attracted to the heat of my body than with my status becoming suddenly elevated in the bat community. I still said 'thank you.'

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I like bats. And i like the Beastie Boys, too. When i first glanced at the post i thought that's what you'd written.

JJ said...

New one-piece band: Beastie Beazley. You heard it here first.

andrea kiss said...

I like that one. Sounds like a good name fore Beatrice Beazley's brother should he ever manifest.

JJ said...

I'm honoured, Andrea. I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you didn't get it.